- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 can of beans (cannellini, if possible)
- 200g tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 teaspoons tomato purée
Swappable or optional
- 1 pepper, any colour, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red or white wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper (optional)
Don't worry if you don't have all the ingredients – you can just stick to the jacket with tuna and beans for a simple dinner fave.
Preheat the oven to 200C (fan 180C, gas mark 6). Prick the potatoes, then bake towards the top of the oven for 1 hour, or until tender.
While the potatoes are cooking, mix together the cannellini beans, tuna, pepper, tomatoes, spring onions, vinegar and tomato purée. Season with black pepper.Information:
For a vegetarian option, use 200g tofu instead of the tuna.
Split the baked potatoes open and fill them with the salsa mixture. Serve at once.Information:
Remember to eat the skin of the potato, as it's high in fibre.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.