- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp jerk seasoning, to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 12 large chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 onion, quartered and separated to give 16 pieces
- To serve:
- 4 sweetcorn cobettes
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
- 21.4g protein
- 10.8g carbohydrate, of which 4.9g sugars
- 5.1g fat, of which 0.8g saturates
- 5.4g fibre
- 0.1g sodium, equivalent to 0.2g salt
Soak 4 wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
Mix the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with 1 teaspoon of jerk seasoning (or 2 if you prefer a spicier flavour). Stir in the chicken and set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
Thread a piece of pepper onto a skewer, then onion, then chicken, finishing with onion.
Cook on the barbecue for 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently. Alternatively, cook under a preheated grill.
Meanwhile cook the sweetcorn cobettes in boiling water, or on the barbecue for 6 to 8 minutes.