- 80g smoked mackerel, skinned and flaked
- 50g cooked prawns, peeled and thawed if frozen
- 4 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 1/4 cucumber - 1/4 finely chopped and 1/4 sliced to serve
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- A small handful of watercress, to serve
Add a seasonal twist
Some sliced radish makes a great seasonal addition to the topping!
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
- 913kJ / 217kcal
- 15.1g protein
- 22.4g carbohydrate of which 4.8g sugars
- 6.6g fat, of which 1.4g saturates
- 4.2g fibre
- 440mg sodium, equivalent to 1.1g salt
Put the mackerel into a bowl and mash with a fork, removing any bones. Add the prawns (chopped if large), yoghurt, spring onions, deseeded tomato, cucumber and lemon zest. Season with a little black pepper and stir everything together.
Toast the bread, then spread the fish mixture on top. Serve with cucumber slices and watercress.