- 400g tinned chickpeas in water, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Wholemeal breadcrumbs (from 1 slice of bread)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- To serve:
- 4 large wholemeal pitta breads
- A few lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- 4 tbsp zero-fat Greek-style yoghurt
Shape into 16 balls and place on a greased or lined baking tray. Chill for 30 minutes.
Place tray into a preheated oven (200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6) and bake for about 25 minutes, turning the falafel to prevent sticking.