- 1 pepper, any colour, deseeded and chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (dried is also fine)
- 8 slices wholemeal bread
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat hummus
- 100g skinless and boneless roast chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan, gas mark 6).
Put the vegetables on to a baking sheet and sprinkle with the oil. Add the rosemary and season with black pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.Information:
Roast the vegetables in advance, then cool them. Keep them in a covered dish in the fridge for up to 3 days, ready to use for the sandwiches.
To make the sandwiches, spread each slice of bread with hummus, then top 4 slices with the chicken. Share the cooled vegetables between them and add some salad leaves. Top with the remaining slices of bread, cut in half and serve.Information:
For a vegetarian version, add a little reduced-fat grated cheese instead of chicken, or simply use some extra hummus.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.