- 4 uncooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 courgette, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Fold up the paper to wrap up the chicken completely. Put the parcels into a steamer, cover and steam for 35 to 40 minutes.
Check that the chicken is properly cooked by unwrapping one of the parcels and inserting a sharp knife into the thickest part. The juices should run clear with no traces of pink.
Serve the chicken in the parcels, along with vegetables and noodles, rice or potatoes.