- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- 4 fillets frozen or fresh haddock fillets
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 40g reduced-fat mature cheddar cheese, grated
Nutritional analysis, per adult portion (¼ recipe)
- 720kJ / 172kcal
- 33g protein
- 4g carbohydrate, of which 4g sugars
- 3g fat, of which 1.3g saturates
- 1g fibre
- 192mg sodium, equivalent to 0.5g salt
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grease a baking sheet with the vegetable oil.
Arrange the fish fillets on the baking sheet and spread 1 tablespoon of the tomato purée over each one. Top with the tomatoes, season with a little pepper and scatter the grated cheese on top.
Grill for 6 to 8 minutes, until the fish is cooked. The flesh should flake easily when tested with a fork. Serve with fresh green vegetables, and cooked rice or boiled potatoes.