- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 large egg
- 80g grated carrot
- 4 tbsp low-fat, lower-sugar plain yoghurt
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 30g sultanas or raisins
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
Nutritional analysis, per scone
- 384kJ / 91kcal
- 4.1g protein
- 13.6g carbohydrate of which 5.3g sugars
- 1.9g fat of which 0.6g saturates
- 1.8g fibre
- 80mg sodium equivalent to 0.2g salt
Put the flour, mixed spice, egg, grated carrot, yoghurt and milk into a large mixing bowl and use a hand whisk or fork to mix together thoroughly.
Stir in the sultanas (or raisins).
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2 to 3 drops of oil. Cook tablespoonfuls of the batter in batches, turning them over after 1 to 2 minutes to cook the other side. Make 8 mini pancakes altogether, adding a further 2 to 3 drops of oil to the frying pan with each batch.