- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 4 very large mushrooms, stalks removed
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons skimmed milk
- 2 teaspoons lower-fat spread
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 wholemeal pittas
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the grill. Arrange the sliced peppers and mushroom caps on the grill rack, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once.
While veg is grilling, beat the eggs and milk together. Chop the mushroom stalks.
Melt the lower-fat spread in a non-stick saucepan and add the eggs and mushroom stalks, stirring with a wooden spoon to set and scramble the eggs. Add the grilled peppers and cherry tomatoes, and cook for a few more seconds.
Meanwhile, warm the pitta bread in a toaster or under the grill. Warm 4 serving plates and place a mushroom on each one. Share the scrambled egg mixture between them and season with black pepper. Serve with the warm pittas.