- 125g lower-fat spread, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100g grated carrot
- 100g grated courgette
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 75g porridge oats
Nutritional information, per muffin
- 833kJ / 200kcal
- 5.5g protein
- 16.2g carbohydrate of which 1.4g sugars
- 12g fat of which 2.7g saturates
- 2.7g fibre
- 240mg sodium equivalent to 0.6g salt
Preheat the oven to 180C, fan oven 160C, gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper muffin cases or squares of baking paper.
Mix together the cooled lower-fat spread, milk and eggs. Stir in the grated carrot and courgette.
In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, dried herbs and porridge oats.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, taking care that you do not over-mix. Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until firm and golden. Cool on a wire rack.