The NHS website (www.nhs.uk) is the UK's biggest health website with more than 43 million visits per month. We strive to be a world-leading health information service putting people at the heart of everything we do.
The website is funded by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC). The content, data and services on the website are commissioned by NHS England and delivered by NHS Digital for people in England.
Find out more about how we work and are governed.
What's on the NHS website?
There are thousands of freely available articles, videos, tools and apps to help you make the best choices about your health and wellbeing.
You can find out more about support and social care services if you or someone you know needs help with day-to-day living because of illness or disability.
Our service search helps you find, choose and compare health, support and social care services in England. We also publish reviews and ratings across health and social care services.
The NHS website also publishes daily analysis of the health-related news stories hitting the headlines.
Each month, millions of people also access NHS content via partner websites, applications and other internet-connected devices, including NHS organisations, local authorities and various well-known commercial companies.
Find out more about NHS syndication.
Other useful links
You may also find these links useful:
Media review due: 11 September 2021
- Digital Technology Leaders Awards – website project of the year
- National Digital Leaders Awards 2014 – winner for the healthcare product/service category
- Design Business Association Design Effectiveness Award – winner, for the "Who Cares?" marketing campaign around Carers Direct, now Care and Support
- National Digital Leaders Awards 2011 – NHS Choices digital health champion programme
- International Visual Communications Association (IVCA) Awards (Web 2.0) – bronze award for the interactive video "Condom, no condom?" produced by NHS Choices with NHS Bristol and Omni Productions
- National eWell-Being Award – winner for reaching digitally excluded groups, for our work with libraries
- e-Government National Awards for excellence in learning and skills – runner-up, for the NHS Choices e-Learning website
- Guardian Public Services Award for service delivery: carers, families and communities
- Design Business Association Design Effectiveness Awards – bronze for the NHS Choices pregnancy planner
- British Medical Journal awards – winner Best Innovation in Medical Communication for Behind the Headlines
- e-Government National Awards – NHS Choices personalised online health products
- BT e-Health Insider Awards – best use of ICT in patient and citizen involvement
Page last reviewed: 22 November 2018
Next review due: 22 November 2021