Appleson Optometrists

01937 583278 Appleson Optometrists / Wetherby Eye Clinic, 43 Market Place, Wetherby , Leeds, LS22 6LN

Based on 55 ratings for this optician

Based on 55 ratings for this optician

Annual eye check up

As always, the optician was professional, patient and explained the situation clearly.
I left knowing exactly the state of my eye sight and what to expect in the coming years. He was also honest enough to tell me that I did not, for the time being, need new glasses and noticed that the glasses I have needed tightening. This was done immediately and have to admit the glasses do fit much more comfortably now.
Although I do not look forward to optician visits I feel that my eyesight is in safe hands.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 01 March 2019

Appleson Optometrists replied on 04 March 2019

Delighted you feel in safe hands - thanks for your feedback

Diana Jane Lee gave Appleson Optometrists a rating of 5 stars

Sight test and visual fields

I am delighted with the service that I get and have absolute confidence.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 01 March 2019

Appleson Optometrists has not yet replied.

Edward Nicholson gave Appleson Optometrists a rating of 5 stars

LONG TERM PATIENT

I have been attending the practice for about 10 years. It was recommended to me as the optician has a deep interest in Glaucoma. The practice is quite convenient to where I live as opposed to the centre of Leeds.
The practice is always clean, very tidy, and well lit. The support staff are friendly, very presentable and know what they are doing.
The optician is always friendly, polite and smart. Apart from routine appointments he has seen me twice as an emergency for which I was very grateful. He is happy to explain he procedures he is carrying out.
Another member of staff is similar. He is always very happy to carry out minor adjustments to my glasses when necessary.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 02 February 2019

Appleson Optometrists has not yet replied.

Jemma Billings gave Appleson Optometrists a rating of 5 stars

Best opticians you could visit

I have never been anywhere else for my eyes testing and I never would. Appleson Optometrists provide such a high level of professional eye care and the customer service is brilliant. All of the team are so friendly and make your visit enjoyable. The optician takes such pride in what he does. His expert knowledge really shows and he is an honest, trustworthy man who is also very gentle when it comes to your eyes. I would recommend his practice to anybody!

Appleson Optometrists replied on 04 March 2019

Thanks for such lovely comments!

Paula Taylor gave Appleson Optometrists a rating of 5 stars

My visit to Applesons Opticians

My visit to Applesons Opticians in Wetherby was, as always, professionally carried out. All the procedures were explained to me before they were performed so I was always aware of what was happening and why. All the staff were very courteous and helpful.

I would certainly recommend Applesons to my friends and family without any hesitation.

Appleson Optometrists replied on 04 March 2019

Thank you for giving feedback - much appreciated

Jean Stubley gave Appleson Optometrists a rating of 5 stars

My recent experience at Applesons

As always, the experience i had in Early January was very satisfactory. The optician is my main reason for continuing to make a round journey of over 60 miles from home to Wetherby.
He is always so courteous, thorough, and generally proficient. All tests are painless, with attention given to hygiene and comfort.He gives explanations of procedures, and conveys clearly any findings made. Ifeelvery confident in accepting his recommendations.
I do not believe his service could be bettered.
The staff are cheerful and polite, and work efficiently.
The waiting area is comfortable and clean.and conveniently sited.
Good all round.

Margaret Allen gave Appleson Optometrists a rating of 5 stars

Referrlal

I was seen by Paul on Jan. 24th’19 . He gave a request for my urgent referral to Harrogate hospital for my condition of macular oedema.
Within 10 days I had a hospital appointment. This has led to the start of treatment - a course of 3 injections, commencing Wed.. 13th Feb.. with further treatment if necessary ,at Harrogate hospital.
I cannot thank you enough for such prompt action and efficiency.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 15 February 2019

Appleson Optometrists replied on 04 March 2019

Thanks for letting us know - hope the treatments go well

An outstanding service

As always every person at Appleson,s offered a first rate professional, service. On my visit that was the receptionist, the optiican and the owner. This is a first rate optometry service which it took my husband and I many months to find following the retirement of our previous long standing optometrist. In our search we found the information about various options poor. There was no register of the qualifications of those dealing with eyes to compare with the medical register. Nor is it made clear that optometrists are able to offe a range of more complex services.
Too many so called optometrists seem to be little more than sellers of spectacles who tell people to consult their GP to deal with anything out of the ordinary. This is in sharp contrast to Appleson who are highly qualified skilled medical professionals specialising in eyes , including any problems who have access to consultant opthalmologists if need be
A first rate service in every respect.
Y
We count ourselves fortunate at having located such a first rate optometrist

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 01 December 2018

Appleson Optometrists replied on 31 December 2018

P J McCreanor gave Appleson Optometrists a rating of 5 stars

Recent eye test

I appreciate the team all of whom are courteous and helpful. Each procedure and result is carefully explained giving me control over and input into my eye care. I have recommended other members of my family who confirm the above as their experience.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 01 December 2018

Appleson Optometrists replied on 31 December 2018

Thanks for your kind comments

Always friendly

I always find Appleson Optometrists to be friendly and professional. The oppointment began on time and good advice was given about my next set of glasses.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 01 November 2018

Appleson Optometrists replied on 26 November 2018

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback