Probus Surgical Centre has been providing NHS specialist day case surgery under local anaesthetic in a primary healthcare setting since 1995.
We have great pride in our Centre which offers a warm, friendly and relaxed environment which providing a very high quality and professional surgical service.
Above all else, our Surgical Centre exemplary patient care is the most important feature of what we do. Our entire focus is on ensuring you receive the best treatment and care possible. ‘You’ are at the very centre of our care ethos.
Our two operating theatres are modern and well equipped with the latest state of the art techology. We are justly proud to be the leaders in the South West with innovative ophthalmic equipment. The theatres are complimented by two single-occupancy quiet recovery rooms and a luxurious post operative rest room, where hot and cold drinks are available.
More important that any operating theatre or modern piece of equipment are our staff who provide extraordinary patient experiences. Our highly skilled surgeons and nurses who deliver a wide range of surgical procedures are dedicated to ensuring that you have the best possible outcome to your treatment and what is special, they do it with a smile.
Some very important considerations are:
- Ample free parking set in beautiful countryside. Easy access for those with a disability to all areas.
- A centre that is easy to get to.
- Our waiting time from the moment your GP refers you to having your operation is usually only 4 to 6 weeks. If you have work or holiday commitments, don’t worry, we will be flexible.
- Excellent clinical outcomes.
- Some places can send you home with more than you went in with but at Probus our post- operative infection rate is one of the lowest in the Country and is currently at 0.4%, (Audited results May 2012 & July 2013).
- Exceptional patient satisfaction results averaging over 95% in our post-operative surveys, (June 2013).