Forensic Inpatient Service
Forensic mental health services are usually provided for those between 18 and 65 years old, detained under the Mental Health Act or Court Order.
The services care for patients in conditions of low and medium security including those who:
- Need inpatient assessment and treatment
- No longer require high secure care but need ongoing treatment in secure services
- Can no longer be cared for within mainstream services because of their behaviour and the level of risk this represents to them and others
Referrals usually come from consultant psychiatrists. The service also accepts referrals from the prison service, courts and the police.
Alpine Ward: 01268 568022
Aurora Ward: 01268 568018
Forest Ward: 01268 568014
Fuji Ward: 01268 568011
Lagoon Ward: 01268 568027
Forensic Low Secure Inpatient Service
This service is provided to people between the ages of 18-65 who are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 and who:
- Have been identified as requiring hospital admission for assessment or treatment but do not require intensive care. The patients would usually be involved in criminal proceedings, requiring transfer from custodial settings.
- Have been identified as requiring a rehabilitation programme within a low secure setting and are able to participate in a rehabilitation programme
The aim is to provide individualised care and evaluation of the patient’s progress and recovery. People are encouraged to be involved in their care planning and, where possible, the family is also involved. The wards operate on a multi-disciplinary team basis with regular input from the Community Mental Health Team.
People are referred by consultant psychiatrists, prisons and medium secure services. Clients referred from within the Trust undergo an assessment by the rehabilitation team. Referrals from other agencies are discussed and decided by the rehabilitation team at a referral meeting.
Causeway Ward: 01268 568002
Dune Ward: 01268 568006