Sign up to GP online services and you'll be able to use a website or app to:
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP or nurse
- order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
- view clinical correspondence such as hospital discharge summaries, outpatient appointment letters and referral letters
The service is free and available to everyone who is registered with a GP.
If you are not yet registered with a GP or need to register with a different one, see how to register with a GP practice.
How can I start using GP online services?
Follow these steps to access GP online services:
1. Take photo ID (passport or driving licence) and proof of address (such as a utility bill) to your GP practice and tell them you want to start using their online services.
If you do not have any ID then either a member of staff will have to confirm your identity or you may have to answer questions about personal information in your GP record.
2. Fill in the short registration form that you are given by your practice.
3. Once you have signed up, you will receive a letter with your unique username, password and instructions on how to log in.
Your practice may offer you a choice of websites and apps you can use to access online services, including:
- Patient Access
- Evergreen Life/i-Patient
- Engage Consult
- Patient Services
- The Waiting Room
- Various apps available on android and apple
Media review due: 21 April 2022
I'm not good with the internet – where can I get help?
There are a number of different services for people who need internet training such as UK online centres. Others are provided by local authorities, colleges and charities. The best place to start would be your local library.
GP online services patient leaflets
- Easyread guides to GP online services
- Getting started (PDF, 316kb)
- Giving another person access (PDF, 589kb)
- Giving employed carers access (PDF, 138kb)
- Guide for young people (PDF, 317kb)
- Guide for adult and young carers (PDF, 316kb)
- Protecting your GP online records (PDF, 273kb)
- About GP online records (PDF, 274kb)
- Your GP record (PDF, 307kb)
Page last reviewed: 22 September 2016
Next review due: 22 September 2019