Alwoodley Medical Centre

1. Review titled Bad services at receptions

by Alice Lo - Posted on 21 April 2021

There are several issues we encountered We first register with AMC without NHS no. After we got the NHS no, we wanna update AMC. The reception said they can only accept NHS no from NHS, not from us (even we have provide them with the email proof or letter from NHS) they refuse to do it for us. Now, we tried to book COVID vaccine using the NHS link, it cannot locate our information. We called 119 and NHS advise us we need to go to our GP to have them load our NHS no with our account information. But when we talked with reception in AMC, they just refuse to do it for us. They insist a) They can only accept NHS no from NHS. b) we must work with NHS. We did call NHS several times, and NHS did assure us that our GP should fix our account information. There are also some examples of the bad responds from the receptionist on the phone: 1) There are road sign everywhere saying how to do the COVID jab registration, have you tried to book online? I already said we did book online but the site say they cannot locate our information and suggest us to work with GP. 2) Why don't you got your jab when you are in HK? I need to explain to her that when we left HK back in Jan, there isn't any vaccine program yet. We are stuck in between but receptionist keep saying there is nothing they can do. The last call they even hang up the phone. I also don't want to bothering their time as I know they are very busy, but just to fix the account with NHS no with the letter we provided and it's still refusing to do so. UK govt is promoting people to do vaccination, and we are responding to this but our GP just close the door. I made my last call to the AMC on April 20, 13:xx, putting a request to speak to the practice manager. The receptionist took the call, and mark down my request, and say, not sure when can the practice manager calling me back. I don't expect there will be a call back. It's now April 21 17:00 Very frustrating experience with Alwoodley Medical Centre.

Visited April 2021

Report review titled Bad services at receptions as unsuitable

2. Review titled Brilliant Service

by Pat Moss - Posted on 30 March 2021

Highly recommend. Easy to get an appointment or telephone call from doctor. I have used the online triage option a few times recently and amazed at speed of response - a text same day saying a doctor will 'phone next day and they did. Same when I telephoned and asked to be put on triage list - doctor rang as arranged next day. Every doctor I have dealt with - by 'phone or in person - has been kind, patient and efficient. No reduction in service despite they being the main vaccination centre. I would give 6 stars if I could.

Report review titled Brilliant Service as unsuitable

3. Review titled Fantastic, professional practice

by MPC - Posted on 04 April 2021

Having a pre-existing condition (Crohn's) is difficult at the best of times, but AMC have been fabulous despite the difficulties of Covid. The staff are hard working and professional, and clearly take a lot of pride in ensuring we get the medical support we need. The work on rolling out vaccines has been particularly impressive. Fantastic service from all!

Visited February 2021

Report review titled Fantastic, professional practice as unsuitable

4. Review titled Great Work

by Helen - Posted on 17 February 2021

Had my first COVID 19 jab last night. Despite the dark, rainy night, everyone queuing was really positive. The staff and organisation were brilliant. Such a great example of team work. I also had my flu jab there in Sept 2020 - I had gone for a smear (which is usually a painful experience). The nurse was amazing and really put me at ease. It was over in no time and an entirely different experience to previously. I cannot recommend her highly enough. And when she realised I was booked in for my flu jab the next week, she did it there and then.

Report review titled Great Work as unsuitable

Replied on 10 March 2021

Thank you so much for your positive feed back. It is always appreciated when people take the time to pass on their positive experience's at the practice. I will pass on your comments to the staff.

5. Review titled Abhorrent

by Lorraine Turner - Posted on 20 January 2021

I moved doctors a few months ago because of wrong prescriptions, rude reception staff, unacceptable waiting times. My son was ill this week with a recurring medical problem. The receptionist was most unhelpful (in fact down right rude) and he was left with no choice but to go to hospital. Despite calling NHS 111 who recommended calling the GP. It used to be an excellent practice and now they have grown too big for them to adequately manage.

Visited January 2021

Report review titled Abhorrent as unsuitable

Replied on 04 February 2021

We are sorry that you seem to have encountered a problem with the surgery. We will always arrange for a doctor to speak to a patient if the patient feels that the problem will not wait until the next day. If you son would like to contact the surgery to discuss the event that took place we will investigate the issue.

6. Review titled Appalling experience.

by Jack Clark - Posted on 06 January 2021

The rudeness of the reception staff is beyond belief. The lack of communication between medical and reception means that their system will not support a request from the doctor for a follow up appointment, therefore any instruction from the doctor to make a new appointment is entirely meaningless as the system will not accept appopintments for a month or more in the future and the reception ALWAYS refuse an earlier appointment on the basis of one not being available......Catch 22

Visited January 2021

Report review titled Appalling experience. as unsuitable

Alwoodley Medical Centre has not yet replied.

7. Review titled You are all fab!

by Anonymous - Posted on 14 October 2020

Thank you...for all the phone calls, quick management of emergency situations, the genuine care the staff have whilst respecting peoples right to make choices. For understanding how difficult it is to access the doctors on shift work, and being so kind with such a dreadful year myself and my partner have had. If you have complex health conditions then these guys are awesome. Keep going through this dreadful pandemic you are amazing.

Visited October 2020

Report review titled You are all fab! as unsuitable

Replied on 14 November 2020

Your comments will be passed onto our staff. Thank you for your positive review of our staff and service. We value your feed back.

8. Review titled Medical Excellence

by Grahame and Marilyn Stowe - Posted on 18 November 2020

We had to change doctors when our last doctor retired. Since joining the practice we have had nothing but the best care from everyone, from reception to the doctors. Everyone is efficient, friendly, professional and courteous and seem to be managing very well despite the pandemic. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Medical Excellence as unsuitable

Replied on 04 February 2021

Thank you for you positive comments, we do appreciate your comments and they will be passed on to all our staff.

9. Review titled A Leading Practice.

by Sandra H - Posted on 24 September 2020

I was a patient who did not initially welcome the closure of Moorcroft Surgery having been a patient for 25 years, knowing my GPs and nurses really well. I was extremely apprehensive and found the transition to the bigger medical centre rather disappointing. After about 2 years I am so very impressed with all of the services offered and the individual medics that have treated me. I have found the reception team welcoming, friendly and efficient. The medical staff are extremely professional and ensure that they give you time as an individual. The present Covid restrictions have been dealt extremely well and all services appear to be maintained. Personally, I am very receptive to GP phone and video consultations, finding them time saving and convenient. I count myself very lucky to say that I am happy with my local NHS services.

Visited September 2020

Report review titled A Leading Practice. as unsuitable

Replied on 14 November 2020

We appreciate your positive comments relating to our staff and the service that we provide. Thank you for taking the time to post this review, your comments will be relayed to our staff.

10. Review titled Non-scary Smear Test

by Judith McAra - Posted on 06 October 2020

Thank you.I was putting off my last smear test as a previous one had been uncomfortable and so I ignored the reminders for three years. A family event made me realise I needed to go ahead with it ASAP, despite COVID. Contrary, to my expectations it was very straightforward. I took a regular dose of paracetamol beforehand, fearing the worse and tried to think of something else and relax! The practice nurse was marvellous. Very reassuring and explained I could stop the procedure at any time. I (almost) didn’t feel a thing. It was over before I knew it. Thank you so much for your sensitivity, understanding and professionalism.

Visited September 2020

Report review titled Non-scary Smear Test as unsuitable

Replied on 14 November 2020

Thank you for posting this positive statement regarding your smear. I will pass on your comments to the nurse involved.