Practice Plus Group Hospital, Barlborough

1. Review titled Superb Practice

by Colin Roberts - Posted on 31 March 2021

I underwent a left hip replacement on the 19/3/21 and have to say what a excellent outcome it was, the operation went superbly and the whole staff are brilliant, from the theatre to on the ward everyone was professional and caring , hopefully I will be back at a later date to have my knees replaced. A big thank you to everyone at the hospital . Colin Roberts.

Visited March 2021

Report review titled Superb Practice as unsuitable

Practice Plus Group Hospital, Barlborough has not yet replied.

2. Review titled Wonderful staff.

by Ian - Posted on 24 February 2021

I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to all the staff in the eye centre who were involved in my cataract operation. Everyone I met at the hospital was wonderful, friendly and went out of their way to make you feel at ease. For the first time in 52 years I can see without glasses or lenses and when I wake up in a morning it is still a shock not to see everything as a huge blur. Once again, thank you for everything you did for me. I will not hesitate to recommend you. Ian

Visited February 2021

Report review titled Wonderful staff. as unsuitable

3. Review titled Fantastic experience

by Zid - Posted on 10 February 2021

I had a total hip replacement in January 2021 and the whole process, from diagnosis to treatment and discharge went very smoothly. I would certainly recommend the hospital and staff to anyone needing this treatment. I only stayed in for one night before being discharged but felt ok with going home the next day and didn’t feel that I was being ‘kicked out’.

Visited January 2021

Report review titled Fantastic experience as unsuitable

4. Review titled Great practice

by Duncan - Posted on 23 March 2021

I would highly recommend this clinic. Staff are friendly made me feel at ease.The treatment and l received was first.Thankyou Duncan.

Report review titled Great practice as unsuitable

5. Review titled Great practice

by Duncan - Posted on 23 March 2021

I would highly recommend this clinic. Staff are friendly and efficient they made me feel at ease.The treatment and care I received was first class

Report review titled Great practice as unsuitable

Practice Plus Group Hospital, Barlborough has not yet replied.

6. Review titled Wonderful caring staff..

by Anonymous - Posted on 23 December 2020

Went today to dermatology for a procedure on my nose..i was very anxious..wonderful caring staff put me at ease.. my first visit to this hospital..and would use it again if needed.. very good reception team.. very bright and clean...a warm and friendly atmosphere ...it’s a 10 from me ...thanks to all .

Visited December 2020

Report review titled Wonderful caring staff.. as unsuitable

7. Review titled DELIGHTED TO COME BACK FOR PROCEDURE

by Terry Darbyson - Posted on 06 January 2021

I was very impressed with Barlborough hospital the 1st time I came 2012 for Right Knee Full replacement. As then and now they made feel that I was very important to them. All the staff at the hospital where and are fantastic. I would highly recommend this hospital to my family and friends nothing was to much trouble for them. Arrived 0715, down for surgery 12 noon for Arthroscopy left knee, drinking cuppa with toast 1345, home at 1655, eating tea at 1730. I live 95 mins away in lincs, impressed. When my Right knee requires revision I will be back. Thank you all

Visited December 2020

Report review titled DELIGHTED TO COME BACK FOR PROCEDURE as unsuitable

8. Review titled excellent treatment centre

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 December 2020

i had a total knee replacement on 3rd november from entering the hospital to leaving the next day the total experience was exceptional from the receptionists to the surgeon and his team , the nursing staff where very friendly ,caring and professional nothing was to much trouble , they where very covid aware . The food was excellent nice and fresh with a good choice, would definitely recommend this treatment centre to anyone is waiting to have an operation

Visited November 2020

Report review titled excellent treatment centre as unsuitable

9. Review titled Great operation experience

by Julie Scott - Posted on 05 November 2020

I had a total ankle replacement .From arriving at Barlborough at 6.30am the day of my operation to leaving the following day at 5.30pm I was looked after extremely well.The staff are professional experienced very caring and made me feel confident and relaxed with the procedure I was having.The operating team were great my anaethetist was lovely I had an epidural he kept checking I was ok all the way through my operation which lasted one and a half hours .I could hear my surgeon talking to his colleagues with positive comments during the operation so that made me feel happy it was going well . The nursing staff looked after me so well and made me laugh quite often which is good for mental health as well as the physical rehabilitation . The food was very good the cleanliness and hygiene excellent and the systems in place for covid stuck to religiously. I was in a ward with three ladies one lady went home the same day as her knee operation thankfully the other lady stayed a night like me which was lovely as I had someone to talk to and that’s what we did about everything ! When you are tired after an operation but can’t settle can’t read having someone to talk to is the best medicine which I had . I lost my I pod speakers they got wrapped up in the sheets when my bed was changed (had an accident the epidural affecting bladder control!)and when I told the nurse in the morning at 6am she quickly went to laundry before it was picked up at 6.30 and rummaged through the dirty sheets and found them .I was so grateful wanted to give her a big hug but couldn’t ....covid ! They are expensive speakers think apple should make bright cases for them instead of white . Once I have recovered from this procedure I will need my other ankle done and have no worries about having it done at Barlborough . One tip I would say you don’t need to bring towels in which they tell you to on the literature I stayed in my hospital gown the whole of the stay so you only need clothes you come in with and a few toiletries .As usual I took far too much like you do when you go on holiday !

Visited November 2020

Report review titled Great operation experience as unsuitable

10. Review titled Wonderful team working together with care and compassion

by Simon Mitchell - Posted on 22 October 2020

I had a partial knee replacement and found the whole team to be caring and compassionate. Everyone, receptionists, cleaners, caterers, XRay operators, porters, doctors, nurses, anaesthetists and surgeons all working together to provide patients with the best care possible. I wouldn’t hesitate to return for any follow up or other procedure carried out at Barlborough Treatment Centre. I think it is a rare thing that a team of people are so dedicated and professional and obviously so concerned about the people in their care. I have had two other significant procedures on the same leg with the NHS in the past. My experience at Barlborough was the best yet. I can’t thank the team enough. It’s almost 3 weeks from the date of my operation now. I have 115 degrees of movement back in the knee already and I can sleep at night without painkillers too. The outcome is looking very promising!

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Wonderful team working together with care and compassion as unsuitable

Review titled Practice Plus Group Hospital, Barlborough

Replied on 26 October 2020

Dear Simon, Thank you very much for your kind feedback following your knee surgery here at Barlborough. We pride ourselves on our teamwork, acknowledging that each and every one of us has an important role to play in our patient's treatment and outcome. I'm so happy you are well on the road to recovery and we all send you our very best wishes. With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.