- 8 slices wholemeal bread
- 8 teaspoons lower-fat spread
- 1 small handful of watercress
- 120g skinless turkey breast, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 apple, cored and grated
- 30g sultanas
- 3 tablespoons 0%-fat yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 celery stick
Spread the bread with lower-fat spread, add some watercress to 4 slices, then arrange the turkey on top.Information:
Use skinless roast chicken breast instead of turkey, if you prefer.
Mix together the carrot, apple, sultanas or raisins and yoghurt. Pile on top of the turkey and sprinkle with chives (if using).Information:
For a vegetarian version, use 60g grated reduced-fat hard cheese instead of turkey.
Sandwich together with the remaining slices of bread. Cut the sandwiches in half. If not eating straightaway, wrap in cling film and keep chilled until ready to eat, with the cherry tomatoes and celery.Information:
Make a habit of having some salad or vegetable sticks with every sandwich you eat.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.