- 250g small carrots, trimmed, scrubbed and halved
- 250g small parsnips, trimmed, scrubbed and quartered
- 250g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, or 0.5 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
Beetroot and cannellini bean dip
- 100g cooked beetroot, roughly chopped
- 100g canned cannellini beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons low-fat, lower-sugar plain yoghurt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 50g cucumber, finely chopped
- 100g low-fat, lower-sugar plain yoghurt
Preheat the oven to 200C (fan oven 180C, gas mark 6).
Put all the vegetables into a roasting tin and add the olive oil, tossing to coat. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn the vegetables over, adding the cumin (if using). Roast for another 15 minutes, until tender.Information:
You could use butternut squash as an alternative to sweet potatoes.
While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the dips. Put the ingredients for the beetroot dip into a blender and blend for 15 to 20 seconds until smooth. For the cucumber dip, mix the cucumber and yoghurt together. Keep covered and chilled until ready to serve.Information:
You can serve the vegetables cold for a tasty nibble.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.