- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 1 quarter of a small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 20g sultanas or raisins
- 50g reduced-fat hard cheese, cut into tiny chunks
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 wholemeal pitta breads
Whisk together the lemon juice or vinegar, olive oil, and mustard, then add all the remaining ingredients (apart from the pittas!) and toss together gently.Information:
Use green cabbage instead of red, if you prefer.
Warm the pittas in a toaster or under the grill. Split open and stuff with the salad. Serve at once, or wrap and keep cool until lunchtime.Information:
You could use chopped ready-to-eat dried apricots instead of raisins or sultanas.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.