- 125g dried egg noodles, medium or fine
- 1 small orange, juiced
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g skinless turkey breast, cut into strips
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pepper, any colour, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 handfuls mushrooms (cup or button), sliced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Put the noodles into a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 6 minutes, or follow the instructions on the packet.
Next, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce and cornflour until smooth. Set to one side. Heat the oil in a wok or very large frying pan.
Add the turkey and stir-fry briskly for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the spring onions, pepper, carrot, celery and mushrooms. Stir-fry over a high heat for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the turkey is cooked. The vegetables should remain crisp and crunchy.
Give the orange juice mixture a good stir, then add it to the stir-fry and cook for a few moments until thickened. Drain the noodles well, then add them to the turkey mixture. Serve at once.