- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 300g vegetarian mince
- 1 tin red kidney beans, in water (420g)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 200g rice (easy-cook long grain brown rice, if possible)
Swappable or optional
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 peppers, any colour, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp tomato purée (optional)
- 100ml reduced-salt vegetable or chicken stock (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper (optional)
If you don't have all the ingredients, you can still just use the basics for a great family meal.
Season the chilli with pepper, then serve in warm bowls with the cooked, drained rice.