For the fritters
- 180g plain or wholemeal flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 eggs
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 350g sweetcorn (fresh, tinned and drained, or frozen and defrosted all work great)
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ red chilli, de-seeded and sliced (optional)
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped (optional)
For the yoghurt dip
- 250g low-fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- handful of fresh mint, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried mint)
- black pepper, to taste
Nutritional information is not currently available for this recipe.
Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the eggs and milk, and whisk until the mixture becomes a smooth batter. Then stir in the corn, sweet potato, spring onions, curry powder, and chilli and coriander if using.
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add a few tablespoons of batter to the pan, making sure each dollop has enough space around it and does not overlap with the others. Fry the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
Once the fritters are ready, remove from the pan onto a plate lined with kitchen paper. Work in batches until all the batter is cooked.
Make the dip by mixing the yoghurt, mint and pepper together in a bowl. Serve alongside the fritters and get dipping!