- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 100g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 150g easy-cook long grain white rice
- 300ml reduced-salt vegetable or chicken stock
- 75g frozen peas
- 100g baby sweetcorn, sliced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tomato, chopped
Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Stir in the rice, then add the stock, peas, baby sweetcorn and curry powder. Stir well. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the rice is tender, adding more water if necessary.
Serve the rice in bowls and sprinkle the tomato on top.