Pasta ratatouille bake recipe
Simple to make and delicious to eat.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 45 mins
Per serving (1/4 recipe):
- 1,226 kJ / 293kcal
- 12g protein
- 50g carbohydrate of which 10g sugars
- 6.5g fat of which 2g saturates
- 5g fibre
- 0.15g salt
- 200g macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or fresh)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 courgettes, sliced
- 200g green beans (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 125ml reduced-salt vegetable or chicken stock
- 25g vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan, gas mark 4).
Cook the macaroni according to pack instructions, then drain. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan, then cook the onion and garlic slowly until tender and golden.
Stir in the herbs, tomatoes, courgettes, beans and stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.Information:
Make this recipe in summer when tomatoes, courgettes and green beans are at their seasonal best – and cheapest.
Combine the pasta and vegetables, and season with black pepper. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.Information:
You could use reduced-fat vegetarian hard cheese instead.
Sign up for Healthy Steps emails
Want the recipe for a healthier family? Join today and over 8 weeks you'll get easy tips from nutrition experts and parents, healthy swaps and tasty recipes on a budget.