- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 x 420g can reduced-salt and sugar baked beans
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 medium slices wholemeal bread
- 4 tsp lower-fat spread
- Freshly ground black pepper
Nutritional information, per serving
- 1,037kJ / 247kcal
- 12g protein
- 5g fat, of which 1.1g saturates
- 33.1g carbohydrate, of which 7.9g sugars
- 10.9g dietary fibre
- 400mg sodium, equivalent to 1g salt
Put the pepper and spring onions into a large saucepan with 3 tablespoons of water. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes over a low heat, until the water has evaporated.
Add the beans, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to the saucepan and heat gently for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often, until the beans are piping hot. Meanwhile, toast the bread.
Spread each piece with the lower-fat spread. Pile the beans on to the toast and serve, sprinkled with black pepper.