- 4 peppers, any colour, deseeded and cut in half
- 150g easy-cook long grain white rice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 300g skinless turkey breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 75g frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Drain the rice, stir it thoroughly into the tomato mixture and season with some pepper. Spoon the filling into the pepper halves – don't worry if there's too much, just spoon the rest into the roasting pan!
Cover with foil, bake for 20 to 25 minutes and then serve.