- 4 peppers, any colour, deseeded and cut in half
- 150g easy-cook long grain white rice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 300g skinless turkey breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 75g frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Nutritional analysis, per adult portion (¼ recipe)
- 1,264kJ / 302kcal
- 24g protein
- 3g fat, of which 0.6g saturates
- 48g carbohydrate, of which 12g sugars
- 4g fibre
- 52mg sodium, equivalent to 0.1g salt
Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5. Arrange the peppers in a roasting pan, cut side up.
Bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer, add the rice and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or according to pack instructions, until tender.
While the rice is cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok and stir-fry the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes, until softened. Add the turkey and stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, peas, paprika and herbs, then remove from the heat.
Drain the rice, stir it thoroughly into the tomato mixture and season with some pepper. Spoon the filling into the pepper halves – it's fine if there's too much, just spoon the rest into the roasting pan!
Cover with foil, bake for 20 to 25 minutes and then serve.