- 2 peppers, any colour, halved and sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 125g sliced light mozzarella cheese
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 handful mixed salad leaves
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
- 803kJ / 192kcal
- 11g protein
- 26g carbohydrate, of which 8g sugars
- 6g fat, of which 2g saturates
- 4g fibre
- 278mg sodium, equivalent to 0.7g salt
Preheat the grill. Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet with the red onion. Sprinkle with the olive oil, then grill until soft and lightly browned – about 6 to 8 minutes.
Toast the slices of bread and share the pepper mixture between them. Arrange the mozzarella cheese on top, then return to the grill for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt. Serve with mixed salad leaves.