- 1 pepper, any colour, deseeded and chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (dried is also fine)
- 8 slices wholemeal bread
- 3 tbsp reduced-fat hummus
- 100g skinless and boneless roast chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
- 1,423kJ / 339kcal
- 20g protein
- 40.9g carbohydrate, of which 7.8g sugars
- 8.4g fat, of which 1.3g saturates
- 9.9g fibre
- 440mg sodium, equivalent to 1.1g salt
Preheat the oven to 200C/fan oven 180C/gas mark 6.
Put the vegetables on to a baking sheet and sprinkle with the oil. Add the rosemary and season with black pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
To make the sandwiches, spread each slice of bread with hummus, then top 4 slices with the chicken. Share the cooled vegetables between them and add some salad leaves. Top with the remaining slices of bread, cut in half and serve.