- 600g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 300g vegetarian mince
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 150ml reduced-salt vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 100g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cornflour
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
- 1,443kJ / 345kcal
- 20g protein
- 52g carbohydrate, of which 13g sugars
- 6g fat, of which 0.5g saturates
- 11g fibre
- 585mg sodium, equivalent to 1.4g salt
Cook the potatoes and butternut squash in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender, for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion, garlic and carrots for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened. Add the vegetarian mince, tomatoes and stock. Stir in the curry powder, then add the mushrooms and courgette. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. Season with black pepper.
Preheat the grill, warming a large baking dish underneath for a few moments. Meanwhile, drain and mash the potatoes and butternut squash, seasoning with black pepper.
Blend the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water and add it to the mince mixture, stirring until thickened. Transfer it to the warm baking dish and spoon the vegetable mash on top. Grill for about 8 to 10 minutes, until browned. Serve.