- 4 reduced-fat sausages
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 100ml cold water
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs (optional)
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
- 757kJ / 180kcal
- 13g protein
- 25g carbohydrate of which 3g sugars
- 3g fat of which 1g saturates
- 3g fibre
- 448mg sodium equivalent to 1g salt
Preheat the grill. Arrange the sausages on the grill rack and cook for 10 minutes, turning often until browned on all sides.
Put the cherry tomatoes tomatoes onto a piece of foil and grill them for 3 to 4 minutes alongside the sausages.
Meanwhile, simmer the mushrooms in the water for 3 to 4 minutes, adding the dried herbs (if using). Drain off any excess liquid.
Toast the slices of bread. Slice the sausages and mix with the mushrooms. Pile onto the toast and top with the grilled cherry tomatoes. Season with black pepper, then serve.