- 100g easy-cook brown rice
- 1 pepper, any colour, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
Rinse the rice in a sieve under the cold water tap. Add to 250ml of cold water in a pan, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 25 minutes. Alternatively, cook according to pack instructions.
After cooking, return to the sieve and rinse under the cold water tap to cool.
When the rice is cool, stir in the vegetables, lime juice and zest, and coriander.
Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with coconut. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.