- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 880g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 (or 320g) carrots, sliced
- 320g frozen peas
- 4 tbsp 1% fat milk
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
- 1,690kJ / 404kcal
- 36g protein
- 54g carbohydrate of which 11g sugars
- 6.5g fat of which 2g saturates
- 9g fibre
- 229mg sodium equivalent to 0.5g salt
Put the tomato purée, reduced-salt soy sauce and lemon juice into a mixing bowl (not a metal one). Mix well and season with black pepper. Add the chicken drumsticks, turning to coat them in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if preferred.
When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/gas mark 6. Arrange the drumsticks in a foil-lined roasting tin and roast for 30 minutes, brushing them with the remaining glaze after 20 minutes.
While the chicken is roasting, boil the potatoes and carrots in separate saucepans until tender - they will take about 20 minutes. Put the peas on to cook in a little boiling water, 5 minutes before the chicken is ready.
Drain and mash the potatoes, beat in the milk and season with black pepper. Serve with the chicken drumsticks, carrots and peas.