This accessibility statement applies to www.nhs.uk/better-health
This website is run by NHS Digital on behalf of Public Health England. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screenreader.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some users may experience issues with the video content which is not yet fully accessible.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please email email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
NHS Digital is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- There is no audio description for the video content. This does not comply with WCAG Level AA 2.1 1.2.5 Audio Description (pre-recorded)
- The text embedded in the video is not accessible. This does not comply with WCAG Level AA 2.1 1.1.1 Non-Text Content
- The area on the page used for the video does not have a title. This does not comply with WCAG Level A 2.1 2.4.1 Bypass Blocks
What we are doing to improve accessibility
We expect to have fixed the issues listed above by 30 September 2020.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 8 July 2020. It was last reviewed on 8 July 2020.
This website was last tested on 7 July 2020. The test was carried out by Zoonou.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test:
- Zoonou tested all the content on this website.
Page last reviewed: 13 July 2020
Next review due: 31 December 2020