Loughborough Hospital is a community hospital with two inpatient wards. There is also an urgent care centre, which is open 24 hours all year round. The hospital provides digital x-ray facilities, dialysis, day case surgical unit (minor operations not requiring an overnight stay), adult community therapies like podiatry (foot care), occupational therapy, physiotherapy and specialist language therapy, and outpatient clinics including sexual health services.
Ward visiting hours are 2-4pm and 6.30-8pm
Outpatient services are supported by a visiting MRI scanner service.
Wards are named after local areas - Charnwood, and Swithland. Two palliative care suites are attached to Swithland.
* patients who need on-going rehabilitation following a fall, fracture or operation from an acute hospital
* patients admitted from the community by their GP or community nurse
* palliative care patients who need symptom control or end-of-life support
Patients are supported by a team of specialists who, along with nursing staff, might include physiotherapists and occupational therapists, dieticians, podiatrists, speech and language therapists, social care providers and GPs. Outpatient services are supported by a visiting MRI scanner service.
2012 PEAT rating
Privacy and dignity: Good
The hospital and its grounds are ‘smoke-free’.
For your convenience we have designated areas for mobile phone calls
What to bring
Bring all your current medicines into hospital, including inhalers, eye drops, creams, herbal medicines and over the counter medicines. It is important that we know what you are taking so we have an accurate medication records, which will help in planning your treatment.
If you have questions or concerns relating to inpatient or therapy services:
- E-mail us: email@example.com
- Telephone If you have any comments or concerns about outpatient or day-case services at the hospital please telephone 01773 525119