Croydon University Hospital is the main CHS hospital site, based just north of Croydon town centre
The hospital has:
• 24 hour Accident & Emergency Department - if you are unwell but it is not an emergency please call NHS 111 or visit one of our GP hubs
• Maternity Unit with both a consultant-led service and a midwife-led Birth Centre
• Special care baby unit (SCBU)
• Intensive care and high dependency units
• Operating theatres including four theatres dedicated to day surgery procedures
For a full list of services available in Croydon University Hospital visit our website here
The hospital has more than 500 beds and provides the following care:
• around 27,000 people as elective (planned) in-patients a year.
• 41,000 people are admitted for emergency hospital care
• 350,000 are treated as out-patients
• nearly 120,000 people attend the Accident and Emergency department each year.