Our vision is to provide the people of East Lancashire with the best up-to-date medical care, with respect to the dignity and well being of all our patients at all times.
Our aim is to provide an outstanding level of service that will benefit our patients and be at the forefront of a modern NHS.
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust aims to deliver the highest quality care to its patients. We employ dedicated staff, some of which have won awards for their work and are internationally renowned. With the supports of our staff and the public we have ambitious plans to continue to raise the standard of patient care and services throughout East Lancashire. The trust offers care across three hospital sites and is always responding to the changes in patients’ needs, using state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to treat three quarters of a million people each year.
For a full list of services see the departments’ page.
Things you should know;
- ELHT has fully converted to same-sex accommodation, in line with the best practice guide-lines.
- The cardiology department at Royal Blackburn Hospital has been up graded and extended to provide the complete package of heart care for patients in East Lancashire.
- The use of enhanced recovery techniques at ELHT are leading the way in the country, setting an example for other hospitals to follow.
- ELHT has just opened new state-of-the-art maternity facilities throughout East Lancashire, giving women more choices when it comes to child birth and antenatal care, and more specialized facilities to use.
- In May 2006 the trust opened the Phase 5 development a £33 million investment in state-of-the-art new facilities including new inpatient and outpatient areas.