What sort of hospital do we want to be?
A first-class district general hospital (DGH) – the model for what a DGH can be in the service of its community – delivering sustainable high quality clinical care, offering an exceptional experience for our patients; and creating a great place for our staff to work.
How will we do this?
We have six objectives to achieve our aim.
For our patients and our community we will:
1. Provide high-quality, safe and person-centred care;
2. Deliver sustainable, appropriate and high-performing services; and
3. Build on existing partnerships and create new ones to deliver better care.
For our hospital and our staff we will:
4. Support and develop our staff;
5. Manage our money wisely, foster innovation and become more efficient to improve quality of care
6. Provide an infrastructure to support delivery.
How do we show that we are Proud to CARE?
At Chesterfield Royal our Proud to CARE ethos is at the heart of how we run the hospital – looking after our patients and taking care of our staff:
- Compassionate care delivered with professionalism and a positive, friendly attitude
- Care that preserves dignity and respects the person; putting patients at the heart of all we do
- Respecting the unique and individual contribution that each of our staff members make – fair, positive and inclusive, recognising diversity and using it to enrich our organisation
- Excellent care, safe services and a positive experience every time
- Exceeding expectations by delivering first-class performance, bettering national standards through innovation and ingenuity
- An open and honest relationship with our patients, staff, partners and our communities
Working in partnership in the interests of our patients
- Acting in a socially responsible way and meeting our commitments to the local community.
- Providing a hospital environment that is modern, clean and safe – conducive to care and recovery; and a good place to work.