We provide a full range of acute in-patient, out-patient, day case and emergency services to the local communities of St Helens, Knowsley, parts of Halton and Liverpool, extending to the whole of Cheshire, Merseyside, North Wales and the Isle of Man with the Regional Plastic Surgery and Burns Unit.
As a Trust our aim is to provide a high quality service to all our patients.
We strive to meet the best standards for professional care whilst being sensitive and responsive to the needs of individual patients and staff.
The Trust opened the new Whiston Hospital in March 2010, six months ahead of schedule and within budget. This follows the opening of the new St Helens Hospital in 2008 as part of a combined £338million investment to provide world class healthcare facilities to the local community.
Why choose us?
- The only acute Trust in the country to have performed above the national average in every indicator for quality of services and care in the Care Quality Commission (CQC) assessment (2010)
- One of the lowest infection rates in the country for MRSA
- Short waiting times
- Full range of acute healthcare services
- Dedicated workforce of more than 4,000 highly-skilled staff
- Easy access, car parking and free courtesy bus
- Specialist regional burns and plastic surgery unit serving population of around four million people