We are proud to be one of the country’s top performing NHS trusts - we are rated as 'outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission.
Our health services in North Tyneside and health and social care services in Northumberland take care of the well-being of around half a million people.
Hospital services are provided from Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital in Cramlington, three modern general hospitals in Hexham, North Tyneside and Wansbeck, and community hospitals throughout Northumberland.
We also care for people in their homes and provide services from facilities in local communities such as health centres.
We manage adult social care services on behalf of Northumberland County Council, helping to ensure people move between hospital, community health and social care services with continuity of care. We also give people greater choice and control over their care to help them to live independently at home and avoid hospital admission where appropriate.
We're recognised nationally for our work and have won many awards including being named as one of the 40 best performing organisations by CHKS, an independent benchmarking company.
- We care for over 68,000 patients and families on our wards
- Provide treatment to around 167,000 patients in our A&E departments and minor injury units
- Perform almost 27,000 operations
- See more than 45,000 people as day-case patients in our hospitals
- We carry out around 1.4 million appointments with patients outside of hospital
- We provide adult social care support during 70,000 home visits
High quality patient care is at the heart of everything we do and we strive to ensure every single patient and service user has an exceptional experience with us. We have one of the most extensive patient experience programmes of any trust in England.
Our patients have voted us the best in the region and in the top five in the country for outpatient care. They have also rated us fourth in the country for their cancer care.