Kingsway Health Centre

1. Review titled Exemplary and caring practice.

by Darren Gowland - Posted on 22 May 2022

Amazing practice, always professional, caring and sensitive to patients needs. I have nothing but admiration for the practice, Doctors , Nurses and staff. I would highly recommend this practice over all practices in billingham and surrounding areas. Mr Darren Gowland

Visited May 2022

Report review titled Exemplary and caring practice. as unsuitable

Kingsway Health Centre has not yet replied.

2. Review titled Appalling

by Khan - Posted on 04 October 2021

I wholeheartedly recommend individuals to run from this practice. The doctors are fine. The receptionist and management are the rudest most impolite people on this planet. I had the displeasure of speaking to a receptionist who refused to give me an appointment this year. I literally offered any time this year I would take an appointment. She said she can't do that it's all booked out. On another occasion I rang and had the misfortune of speaking to the same member of staff. Who offered a telephone appointment a week from now, I reminded this staff member the CQC guidelines state an emergency appointment should be offered within 48 hours. Her response "huh is it" and then "well that's all we got" If you would like to damage your mental health further or would like to feel like nothing, then I recommend you give these lovely ladies a call in the morning.

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Appalling as unsuitable

Replied on 25 January 2022

Dear Mr Khan, I am so sorry to read about your experience with the practice. I would like to discuss further, please e-mail kingswayhc@nhs.net for the attention of Claire Hamill so I can address your concerns which may be affecting other patients. Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us, it is appreciated and I hope we can work together to make the necessary improvements for all of our patients. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Kingsway Management Team

3. Review titled Great staff

by Lesley Chandler - Posted on 23 August 2021

Whenever I speak to any of the staff at the surgery they are helpful and friendly and go out of their way to resolve any issues. Keep up the good work. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.

Visited August 2021

Report review titled Great staff as unsuitable

Replied on 25 January 2022

Dear Ms Chandler, Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I have passed your kind words onto the practice team. Kind regards, Kingsway Management Team

4. Review titled Mental health

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 January 2021

Due to suffering from manic depression, due to the pandemic my mental health is suffering day by day getting worse. All I get told is no appointments and there is nothing there can do. Why waste tax payers money on advertising about mental health, when your GP surgery doesn’t take issues like this seriously, it’s a joke when I have a total breakdown which I can see happening whose going to take responsibility as I’m receiving no help from my GP surgery like always. When answering the phones the receptionists need to be trained on dealing with different types of personalities, after speaking to them you feel even more On a downer feeling helpless,because that’s how there make you feel. I have been keeping a dairy of the times and days I have rang asking for helping as I know my mental help is deteriorating, been 2 months so far still no appointments, just rude arrogant people with no manners and a wrong attitude to have when speaking to patient's who already are on a downer and takes one person to totally destroy your day.

Visited January 2021

Report review titled Mental health as unsuitable

Replied on 18 August 2021

Dear Patient Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. You have left your feedback anonymously so therefore I am unable to contact you to see if we are able to provide you with the help that you need. Therefore if you would like to email the practice (kingswayhc@nhs.net) for the attention of the Practice Manager and I will contact you back to discuss this further. Thank you

5. Review titled Reception staff unprofessional and rude

by Anonymous - Posted on 26 January 2021

Reception staff are very rude and never deal with a request.they are egar to cut off phone calls and don’t deal with problems.always refer to call 111 and go to Immergency rather than make any appointment or suggestions .very late to open the door as you have to wait outside till you get any response.need sympathy towards the patient .receptionist never smile as I think their smile would cure patient by 50%.They expect the doctor to sort everything out but if they did their own job properly, they wouldnt have issues in the running of the centre in the first place.doctors r caring and very nice .local MP or public health should take necessary steps to stop theses receptionist to continue giving unhealthy approach to a health care center

Visited January 2021

Report review titled Reception staff unprofessional and rude as unsuitable

6. Review titled Additional training or reception staff required

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 December 2020

I joined the practice a little over a year ago as I had moved to the area. I have a number of issues which I mainly manage at home, on line or with over the counter products as I fully appreciate the NHS are overworked and overstretched... however on the occasions I do need to speak to a GP I can very rarely get an appointment when needed... the telephone system is beyond funny...I start calling from a minute or so before the line opens and within ten seconds of them opening I am told that I am caller number 18?? Seriously? 20 minutes later the numbers recede.. I get to number 2 and then it goes back up to number 3....then down to number 2...then up to number 3...really?....that’s if I am really lucky... if I am unlucky, I get told all appointments are taken, I can call back the following day or call 111... who, given my medical history will send me to A&E to wait for hours to be told like a naughty child that I should have seen my GP for additional medication...whilst all this is happening, the pain I am experiencing is increasing and so is my stress and anxiety levels... The ladies on the counter also need to have a little extra training on how to be a “people’s” person... some of them really believe they have a power over the patient and treat the patient with little to no respect, yet all around the surgery are signs stating that abusive behaviour bad language etc will not be tolerated by staff and action will be taken if a patient /visitor is a little over loud because of their frustration at having to wait way past their appointment slots with no communication from staff...I could go on, but I’m hopeful you have the gist that something really needs to be done....I do not feel welcome at your surgery and as such I probably ignore ailments that need treating because of this, but due to the catchment area, I have very little choice.

Visited December 2020

Report review titled Additional training or reception staff required as unsuitable

Replied on 18 August 2021

We are sorry to hearing that you are having problems getting through to the practice. We are aware that the phoneline can get extremely busy at certain times of the day. This is why we encourage patients to register for online access. Online access enables patients to order medication, view medical records, test results and book appointments. As you have left your review anonymously we are unable to contact back regarding this. However, if you would like to email the practice (kingswayhc@nhs.net) and we would be able to contact you back to discuss this further.

7. Review titled Great practice

by Denise Williams - Posted on 26 November 2020

I have always found the reception team to be very friendly and helpful. I find if you treat people the way you expect to be treated then it goes a long way. The Doctor's are amazing and one of them particularly amazing! I have never had a problem with the surgery and I have been a patient for many years.

Visited November 2020

Report review titled Great practice as unsuitable

Replied on 18 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive feedback on the NHS Choices website, We all work very hard to provide a safe, caring service to all our patients so it is lovely when we receive comments such as yours. Once again, on behalf of all the team, thank you! Mr Z Toor - Practice Manager.

8. Review titled BRILLIANT SERVICE

by Michelle - Posted on 26 August 2020

The Doctors always take the time to listen to you, never make you feel like you’re wasting their time. Good service from the reception staff and from the Doctors. Quick to get appointments and always do their best to accommodate when you’re desperate to get seen. Nothing less than 10/10 at all times.

Visited August 2020

Report review titled BRILLIANT SERVICE as unsuitable

9. Review titled All Good

by Billi - Posted on 02 September 2020

Always give me a solution when i need appointment, the doctor is very helpful with my health care . all my family come to this surgery.

Visited August 2020

Report review titled All Good as unsuitable

Replied on 18 August 2021

Thank you very much for taking the time to put your lovely comments on the NHS Choices website. Once again, on behalf of the team, thank you very much for your positive feedback. Mr Zahid Toor - Practice Manager.