- 300g wholemeal pasta shapes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or finely chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes (1 tin, or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 150g sweetcorn (fresh, or tinned and drained)
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 2 tins tuna in water, drained and flaked
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, purée, sweetcorn and mixed herbs, and cook for another 5 minutes.
A ccouple of minutes before serving, add the tuna and stir through gently.Information:
Fresh herbs add a delicious flavour, so try adding a few torn-up basil leaves or some chopped fresh parsley.
When the pasta is cooked, drain well and serve with the tuna and sweetcorn sauce.Information:
This recipe can be served cold as a salad, making it perfect for packed lunches.
Get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch!
Every week for 4 weeks you will get 2 healthy recipes – with videos, easy-to-follow instructions and a shopping list – straight to your inbox.