- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 4 very large mushrooms, stalks removed
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp skimmed milk
- 2 tsp lower-fat spread
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 wholemeal pittas
- Freshly ground black pepper
Nutritional information, per serving:
- 1,551kJ / 369kcal
- 21.3g protein
- 9.8g fat, of which 2.5g saturates
- 44.3g carbohydrate, of which 6.9g sugars
- 9.3g dietary fibre
- 440mg sodium, equivalent to 1.1g salt
Preheat the grill. Arrange the sliced peppers and mushroom caps on the grill rack and grill them for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once. Beat the eggs and milk together. Chop the mushroom stalks.
Melt the lower-fat spread in a non-stick saucepan and add the eggs and mushroom stalks, stirring with a wooden spoon to set and scramble the eggs. Add the grilled peppers and cherry tomatoes, and cook for a few more seconds.
Meanwhile, warm the pitta bread in a toaster or under the grill. Warm 4 serving plates and place a mushroom on each one. Share the scrambled egg mixture between them and season with black pepper. Serve with the warm pittas.