- 4 wholemeal pitta breads
- 4 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 8 thin cucumber slices
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow or red pepper, deseeded and sliced crossways
- 40g reduced-fat cheese, grated
Nutritional analysis, per serving
- 1,097kJ / 260kcal
- 11.2g protein
- 42.8g carbohydrate, of which 5.4g sugars
- 3.5g fat, of which 1.6g saturates
- 6.4g fibre
- 400mg sodium equivalent to 1g salt
Preheat the grill.
Spread 1 teaspoon of tomato purée over one side of each pitta bread. Sprinkle with the dried mixed herbs.
Arrange the cucumber and halved tomatoes on the pittas to resemble eyes, halved tomatoes for the noses, the sliced pepper to look like eyebrows and mouths, and the grated cheese for hair or beards. Place on the grill rack.
Grill for 4 to 5 minutes. Cool for a few moments, then serve.