- 1 small onion, quartered
- Small can (about 210g) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g lean beef mince
- Wholemeal breadcrumbs (from 1 slice of bread)
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- To serve:
- 1 extra large tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 wholemeal rolls
Nutritional analysis, per serving (1/4 recipe)
- 1,240kJ / 294kcal
- 22.4g protein
- 35.7g carbohydrate, of which 5.6g sugars
- 4.9g fat, of which 1.6g saturates
- 8.7g fibre
- 0.5g sodium, equivalent to 1.2g salt
Chop the onion in a food processor, then add the beans, mince, breadcrumbs, chilli powder, beaten egg and tomato purée, and mix again.
Shape the mixture into 4 patties and chill until you're ready to barbecue.
Barbecue for 5 to 7 minutes each side.
Serve in the rolls, with sliced onion and tomato, and lettuce leaves.