- 4 soft flour tortillas (wholewheat, if possible)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 80g hard cheese, grated (reduced-fat, if possible)
Swappable or optional
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 150g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper (optional)
This is a great recipe for swapping ingredients. You can replace the toppings with any fresh, frozen or tinned veg. Try adding chopped tinned pineapple for a Hawaiian twist.
Add a quarter of the vegetable mixture to one side of the tortilla, then fold it in half, over the filling. Cook for a few moments, then slide it onto a warm serving plate. Keep warm.