- 45g (3 tbsp) canned five bean salad, no added sugar and salt, drained
- 10g full fat hard cheese, grated
- 1x small slices wholemeal bread
- 1tsp vegetable oil spread butter
- ¼ small red pepper, washed and sliced into sticks
Try heating up the beans (1-2mins) before mashing with cheese to serve them warm.
- Blend or mash the beans and cheese together in a bowl until smooth with soft lumps
- Steam (or boil) the red pepper sticks for approx. 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Toast the bread, then thinly spread with butter and cut into fingers
- Place the bean mixture into a bowl, and serve with toast fingers and red pepper sticks on the side.
- Place the leftover beans into a bowl, cover and store in fridge for up to 2 days. You could make the mashed beans again or add the leftover beans to your evening meal such as in a soup, casserole, stew or curry.