This accessibility statement applies to the:
This website is run by Public Health England. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website and its tools. For example, this means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know that some parts of this website and associated tools are not fully accessible:
- the videos do not have audio descriptions
- there are some issues with the user interface (controls and progress bars) of the video player
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format – like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille – please email email@example.com.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the "accessibility regulations"). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
For more information about getting in touch please visit our contact us page.
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Public Health England is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Every Mind Matters website
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard due to the non-compliances listed in the "Non-accessible content" section.
Your Mind Plan quiz
This embedded tool is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The content listed below does not comply with the accessibility regulations.
Every Mind Matters website
- There is no audio description for the video content. This does not comply with WCAG Level AA 2.1 1.2.5 Audio Description (pre-recorded).
- A focus indicator is missing on the video-player cog button. This may make it difficult for sighted people using keyboards to control the player. This fails the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.1 (AA) standard guideline 2.4.7 Focus Visible.
- The pink progress bar against grey on the video player does also not meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.1 (AA) standard guideline 1.4.11 Non-Text Contrast.
Content not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Your Mind Plan quiz videos
The videos in the Your Mind Plan quiz do not meet accessibility standards because they do not all have captions or audio descriptions. The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix videos published before 23 September 2020.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
We have a roadmap in place to fix the issues listed above. We expect to have completed the issues by end of June 2021.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 4 May 2021. It was last reviewed on 12 May 2021.
Most recent test dates of the websites and tools
- Every Mind Matters website – 12 April 2021
- Every Mind Matters Your Mind Plan quiz – 10 August 2020
The tests for the above were carried out by the Digital Accessibility Centre and Nomensa.
An updated accessibility test for the Every Mind Matters website and Your Mind Plan quiz will be carried out by Zoonou on 7 June 2021.
All the reports have been provided as PDF documents and are available on request by emailing email@example.com.
Page last reviewed: 22 April 2021
Next review due: 22 April 2021