- 20g macaroni pasta
- 5g full fat hard cheese
- ¼ small tomato
- ½ tsp vegetable oil spread
- ½ tsp. plain flour
- 40ml full fat milk
- 30g Frozen peas
- Place the pasta in a small pan with cold water, bring to boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until pasta is soft.
- Grate the cheese and dice the tomatoes.
- Prepare a roux white sauce: melt the spread in a pan on a low heat. Once the spread has melted, add the flour and mix well. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until the sauce is smooth and thick.
- Add the grated cheese and diced tomatoes and mix well. Then combine the drained pasta with the cheese sauce.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, add the peas and cook for around 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Chop or mince the cooked dish to the desired consistency reserving some pasta for a finger food. Serve with the peas on the side.
Give your baby a spoon or fork and let them practice self-feeding.