Breakfast three ways
A great introduction to a healthier cooked breakfast – boiled eggs, toast fingers and tasty tomatoes. For children over 5 years, use a lower fat spread and try including some extra veggies like cooked mushrooms, or a portion of fruit.
Age: 12 mths +
Serves: 1 portion
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Suitable for vegetarians? Y
- 1 medium egg
- 1 medium slice wholemeal bread
- 1 tsp vegetable oil spread
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Serve with half a banana, sliced or cut into fingers.
- Bring a saucepan of water up to the boil, gently place the egg into the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool down.
- Toast the bread, spread with 1 tsp of vegetable oil spread, cut into fingers.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Peel the egg and slice into fingers.
- Serve the toast, egg fingers and tomatoes on a plate – encourage your baby to feed themselves.